Small Business Workforce Support Program
Program Update – February 1, 2017
Total Number of Applicants: 1,555 businesses
Total Number of Eligible Applicants Paid Out: 675 small businesses
Funding Range: $5,386 to $7,916 (all eligible applicants received funding)
Total Disbursement amount: $4,540,000
Note: As of September 2016, the 675 approved businesses had a total of 3,676 employees.
- Be a small business, defined as having 1 – 49 employees
- Have an active ‘resident’ RMWB business license (exceptions for businesses located on First Nations’ lands)
- Was operating within the RMWB on May 3, 2016
- Filed a tax return within the last three years reporting business income with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Complete the survey questions in the application
- The Canadian Red Cross Support to Small Business Program is now CLOSED.
- For more information, please go to http://www.redcross.ca/albertafiresbusiness/
- The RMWB Small Business Workforce Support Program is now CLOSED.
- If you have any questions about the program please contact the Program Administrator by email at email@example.com
Update: January 13, 2017 – Businesses that applied for the RMWB Small Business Workforce Support Program are encouraged to check their inboxes for email notifications regarding whether or not they have been approved for funding through the Program.
Approved businesses should receive an email on Tuesday, January 24, 2017, outlining how they can view their individual funding amounts prior to receiving their cheques, which will be mailed out by Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Businesses that have not met all of the requirements and therefore are not approved for funding will have until Tuesday, January 17, 2017 to contact SmallBusinessSupport@marsh.com if they believe there are any errors with their application.
Red Cross Small Business Support
You can fill out the application by visiting www.ymmsmallbizrecovery.ca until January 31, 2017.
We recognize that small business employers are critical to economic growth and job creation in the region. The RMWB has allocated a total of $15 million to its Small Business Workforce Support Program with a total of $5 million being delivered as immediate financial assistance and the remaining $10 million dedicated to long-term recovery efforts.
The Small Business Workforce Support Program directly responds to the most urgent needs identified by our small business community impacted by the 2016 Alberta Wildfires. The goal of the program is to help small business employers by providing timely financial assistance to offset costs related to attracting, hiring and keeping employees.
Minimum requirements to apply:
(Exceptions for businesses located on First Nations’ lands)
Canada Revenue Agency
The amount of financial assistance will be based on the number of applicants and the information collected in the application. The amount of financial assistance will be determined after the application period closes.
The application period for the Workforce Support Program is now CLOSED.
Call our HELPLINE at 1-855-RMWB-BIZ (769-2249)